- Lily Scott
Gluten Free Quiche
Believe it or not, sometimes I actually cook things that are not based in broth! I had some leftover rice in the fridge, and a few veggie odds and ends (and a lot of eggs....). Here is a quiche that I made to put these things to good use.
2 cups cooked rice
1 egg white
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup cashew milk (or your favorite)
4 pieces of bacon
1 cup of chopped spinach
1/2 cup grated gruyere (or cheese of your choice)
salt and pepper
1. Make the crust- preheat oven to 350. Combine crust ingredeints in a bowl. Spray pie plate with non-stick spray (or butter!). Press rice mixture into pie plate and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
2. In a large bowl, wisk the eggs and milk together.
3. In a small pan, cook the bacon until desired crispiness. Cool on papertowels. Chop up your leek and cook it in the bacon fat. Cool on papertowels.
4. Add cooked bacon, leek, spinach and gruyere to the egg mixture. Sprinkel in some salt and pepper. Whisk together. Pour into the cooled crust.
5. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. The outside will be set and the middle will be just slightly soft. Remove and enjoy hot or cold.