This Spring Meal Idea is a crowd pleaser. I teased it out to the kids (7 year old was a 2 bowl kind of gal) and am adding it to the holiday menu. I use Lily’s Ladle Veggie Mineral Broth, but the protein varieties are excellent as well. We did a cheese crumble choice of feta or blue, highly recommended both! But you do you! 🍃 🌱
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp tomato paste
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
2 pints Lily’s Ladle Veggie Mineral Broth
1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheese crumbles of your choice sprinkled on top (feta, blue, goat, etc)
1. In a soup pot on Med-high heat, add olive oil, onions and carrots. Sauté about 5 mins, until onions are just start to brown on the edges. Add garlic and stir 1 min. Add tomato paste and stir to coat veggies.
2. Add zucchini, asparagus, Veggie Mineral Broth and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Then lower to simmer for 15 mins.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Purée in a blender or food processor (in batches) or with an immersion blender.
5. Crumble cheese over the top of your bowl!