- Lily Scott
Minestrone- Trust Me!
Updated: Feb 4, 2022
Minestrone never feels like this: Rich, savory, deeply flavored, with fresh snappy vegetables! Sadly, this beautiful soup usually sits in a hot holding pot in a grocery store or deli, and it ladles out mushy and soggy- everything tastes the same and is somehow both bland and too salty. Here's where the magic of Lily's Ladle bone broth comes in. By adding 1 pint of Veggie Mineral Broth and 1 pint of Chicken Bone Broth- you're adding 72+ hours of cooking time and flavor development to your soup pot. All you need is some loose sausage and fresh veggies, simmer for 25 mins and top with parmesan. This is a great way to use up lingering vegetables AND is kid approved. Enjoy my friends!
🍅 Lily’s Ladle MINESTRONE SOUP 🍅
1 lb sweet Italian sausage (loose or out of the casing- any protein base you like)
1 large yellow onion, chopped
3 large carrots, chopped
4 large celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 heaping tsp dried oregano
1 pint Veggie Mineral Broth
1 pint Chicken Bone Broth
4 cups water
1 14.5 can white beans
1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes (or you can do what i did to use up extra 🍅 from the farmers market- throw them in the blender with some fresh basil and fill the empty can from the beans with your tomato purée)
1 zucchini, chopped
3 cups spinach, chopped
1 cup elbow macaroni
1. Cook the macaroni in a separate pot according to package. Strain and set aside.
2. In a large soup pot, sauté your sausage and break up with a wooden spoon until brown. Remove from the pot and set aside. Pour off all but 1 tbsp of oil (or add 1 tbsp of olive oil if you used veggie or lean sausage).
3. Add onions, carrots and celery. Sauté until the onions are translucent. Add garlic and oregano- sauté another 2 mins.
4. Add sausage, @lilysladle broths, water, white beans, tomatoes and zucchini to the pot. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and vent the top for 25 mins.
5. Add spinach and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add macaroni to soup bowls, ladle the hot soup over the noodles and top with parmesan!