Tomato Soup - InstaPot/Pressure Cooker (or not!)
Everyone needs a great go-to tomato soup recipe. Ina has hers (it's amazing). This is mine. This recipe is not creamy, nor does it involve pasta- but feel free to add anything like that to this base recipe. It is flavorful and crazy delicious. Company worthy Tomato Soup. Don't have a pressure cooker/ InstaPot? No worries, it'll just take a little longer.
3lbs tomatoes, sliced thick
2 cups Lily's Ladle Veggie Mineral Broth
2 cups water
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 tbsp tomato paste
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Place sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 mins.
3. Using your pressure cooker (or dutch oven)- add the olive oil and sauté the onions 5-7 mins. Add celery and carrots. Cook another 5 mins until fragrant and beginning to soften. Add garlic, cook for 1 min.
4. Add broth, water, tomato paste, basil and the roasted tomatoes (pour any juices left in the roasting pan right into the pot). Bring the pressure cooker up to High Pressure. Cook for 5 minutes. Use the quick release method. For a dutch oven- bring the soup to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 40 minutes.
5. Use an immersion blender and puree until smooth. Or pour by batch into a food processor and process until smooth.
6. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with garlic bread or grilled cheese.