Monday Night Ramen
Monday, Tuesday...... whenever. I'm always looking for a quick meal that everyone will enjoy and can get some veggies into our bodies. But really, I just love a bowl of ramen noodles. All the time. Forever. swoon.
Ok- this recipe is fast and unfussy. Oh, and it's also completely nontraditional as far as true ramen purists are concerned. You don't have to let this worry you at all, I'm just throwing that out there so the ramen police don't send me cooking violations.
3 cups Lily's Ladle broth (Veggie Mineral, Chicken Bone or Beef Bone Broth all work perfectly)
2 cups water
1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or your favorite soy sauce)
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp grated ginger (I keep mine frozen- it keeps forever and grates easily)
2 small carrots, chopped
1 head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
1/2 cup edemame (frozen works!)
Ramen noodles (if I'm feeding toddlers I break them into small pieces)
Cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish
1. Combine broth and water in a large pot. Add Bragg's Liquid Aminos, mirin and ginger, bring to a low simmer.
2. Add carrots and cook for 8-10 minutes, until carrots are pleasantly soft.
3. Add, broccoli, edemame and ramen. Cook until done (about 3 minutes).
4. In a small bowl, whisk up an egg and slowly pour it into the slowly simmering soup. Stir.
5. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds (and spicy stuff!!!)
6. Bask in the glory of the soup. You deserve it.